Safety and Etiquette
As a SEEN Dating User you are solely responsible for your own safety. The tips below are intended as a guide to your personal safety only, and are in no way intended to be taken as a substitute for your discretion or common sense, or any kind of guarantee of personal safety:
Always remember that the things you say and do within the context of the SEEN Dating App and also at our Date Venues (see ‘Brainbaby Venues’ in Terms of Service) are recorded and posted publicly within the app and other related media. As such, you are responsible for the consequences of what you say and do. Please follow the following guidelines:
- Protect your identity and that of other Users: We advise against publicly sharing personal information that helps third parties identify you. Some but not all of this information includes your last name, your home address, your contact information and your specific place of work.
- When the time comes to arrange a date with another user, the app provides a PRIVATE CHAT window whereby you can share contact information, schedule the date and plan a location such that it will not posted publicly. This content is nonetheless recorded and visible to SEEN Dating moderators, so please be appropriate even in Private Chat.
- Block or report to us suspicious or objectionable activity, or violations of our Terms of Service. Examples include:
- Requests to send money
- Disclosure of the sensitive or private information of third parties
- Pressure to disclose personal information
- Requests to disclose passwords or account information (SEEN Dating will never do this)
- Offensive, inappropriate or harassing behavior, either in person or within the app
- Requests for photographs
- Apparently fraudulent profiles, spam messages or solicitation
- The use of SEEN Dating by minors
- Personal safety: Always exercise common sense and never take risks. Meet people in safe spaces, such as public places where there are always many people close by. Transport yourself to and from a meeting, and be sure you always have a way to leave if things do not work out. Never enter a private home, a car, a place where there are no other people, or any other location where your physical wellbeing depends on another person until you have known that person for an extended period of time and you have had a chance to vet them thoroughly – a process that takes time. Do not consume alcohol or drugs such that your judgement is impaired, and be mindful that bad actors may attempt to tamper with drinks. Make sure you alert trusted friends and family if you go on a date, and ask them to check that you have arrived home safely.
- Physical Intimacy: Any kind of sexual contact or physical intimacy is likely to make you vulnerable – both physically and medically. Always be aware of your STI status, and be honest with anyone you meet. We recommend you avoid intimate physical contact until you have fully ascertained the background and status of any person you are dating. If you do engage in sexual contact, be sure to use proper protection.
- Emergencies: Be sure to always carry a cell phone that is sufficiently charged and avoid places in which you do not have service. In the event of a medical emergency or an impending threat of physical or sexual violence, immediately call 911.
- SEEN Dating is a positive environment where we promote honesty and courtesy. Please always behave respectfully to other Users at all times and respect their right to privacy. Do not pressure anyone to violate the Terms of Service or these guidelines.
- We will not tolerate trolling, abuse or bullying of any kind. We ask you to avoid speaking untruthfully or negatively about people or institutions, breaching copyright or engaging in any other unlawful communication of any kind.